Nursery School and Play Group Program
The Abington Presbyterian Church offers two programs for pre-school children. The Nursery School is designed for three, four and five year olds, while the Play Group program is designed for two year olds (24 to 36 months). They are directed by Barbara Foy, Director of Abington Presbyterian Church
Both programs have open enrollment policies not based on race, creed or national origin.
Application forms and additional information may be obtained by email from Barbara Foy ([email protected]) or call her at 215-885-0832. Information may also be obtained through the Church
office at 215-887-4530.
Abington Presbyterian Nursery School
Abington Presbyterian Nursery School(APNS) was established as a non-profit school in 1959. Since its inception, APNS has been committed to offering young children a loving learning environment based on attitudes of respect and understanding. We focus on the growth and development of the whole child, creating an environment that nurtures their physical, emotional, social and cognitive growth. We strive to complement parents’ efforts to provide experiences that help the child feel worthy, competent, and unique and to establish a positive foundation for the child’s growing relationships.
Each class of children is led by a state-certified teacher, who is assisted by a teacher’s aide. The school has been licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Private Academic Schools since its founding in 1959.
Classes are grouped by age and frequency of meeting:
- Pre-Kindergarten – meets five mornings Monday through Friday and is open to both four and five year olds
- Four year olds – meets four mornings per week (Monday through Thursday)
- Four year olds – meets three mornings per week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday)
- Three year olds – meets three mornings per week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday)
- Three year olds – meets two mornings per week (Tuesday and Thursday)
Tuition varies with frequency of attendance and is payable monthly in advance beginning in September. There is also a non-refundable application fee which is not applicable to the tuition.
Nursery School classes are in session from 9:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. School closures and vacation periods loosely follow those of the Abington School District.
There is also an EXTENDED SESSION (“The Lunch Bunch”) from 11:45 am – 2:45 pm for enrolled children who need additional care. There is an additional charge. Transportation is not provided.
Play Group Program
The Play Group Program is for children 24 to 36 months of age, and is designed to give them an opportunity to be with other children of the same age in a loving, supportive play situation.
Each Play Group has a qualified leader and an assistant leader.
Age level is decided by the child’s age on September 1st. While there may be some variance in the age ranges due to the distribution of birthdates of the children enrolled, all children are eligible for either one, two or three day groups.
Play Groups begin in September and continue through May. School closures and vacation periods loosely follow those of the Abington School District.
Play Groups meet as follows:
- Three Day Group- Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Two Day Groups- Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday
- One Day Groups- any one day of the week based on enrollmentTuition depends on the frequency of attendance, and is payable monthly beginning in September. There is also a non-refundable registration fee which is not applicable to tuition. Transportation is not provided.
Tuition depends on the frequency of attendance, and is payable monthly beginning in September. There is also a non-refundable registration fee which is not applicable to tuition.
Transportation is not provided.