Holy Week is coming! Here are the plans you will need to know about.
In order to follow pandemic safety protocols we ask that you register for each indoor or outdoor worship service you plan to attend. You will see the link to register under each Holy Week service.
Here are safety guidelines:
- If you are not feeling well, please do not attend an in-person worship service.
- Each person two years old and above is to wear a mask that covers nose and mouth throughout the time you are in the building or on the grounds.
- Please maintain at least six feet of distance from other worshipers throughout your time here. Please do not shake hands or offer hugs.
- If you attend an indoor worship service, you will be seated in a pew where there is blue tape to identify locations that will be spaced apart from one another.
- Since singing can spread germs, there will be no congregational singing of hymns at indoor services at this time.
- Please do not go elsewhere in the church building. If you need to use the restroom, one is available on the left side of the sanctuary.
- If you or someone with you in worship becomes ill or receives a probable or confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis over the next two weeks, please contact Rev. Kirby as soon as possible by email at [email protected] or phone at 240-482-6279.
- You will be given instruction on how to exit safely.
Thank you for following these guidelines so we can show our love for our neighbors by helping to keep one another healthy!
Our Palm Sunday worship service, March 28, will be a joyful celebration of our Lord’s triumphant entry into Jerusalem. Limited in-person worship will be in the sanctuary at 10 a.m. It will be live-streamed for those who cannot attend in person. Outdoor Sunday School will be held for ages preschool through 6th grade. There will be a Palm parade with leadership of the children as worshipers exit the sanctuary. For those who cannot attend, palm branches will be given out in the parking lot between 11:30 and noon.
Our Maundy Thursday worship service, April 1, will celebrate the institution of the Lord’s Supper. In-person worship will be in the sanctuary at 7:30 p.m. Communion packets so we can receive the sacrament safely will be distributed. The service will be live-streamed for those who cannot attend in person.
Our Good Friday worship service, April 2, will be a meditative time of reflection on Jesus’ journey to and death on the cross as told in the Gospel of Mark. In-person worship will be in the sanctuary at 1 p.m. The service will be live-streamed for those who cannot attend in person.
The outdoor prayer labyrinth, located on the lower parking lot by the playground, will be open all day on Good Friday for meditation. John and Ruth Sall will host an open candlelight labyrinth walk from 7:30-9:00 p.m. No need to register for this event.
Our Easter worship services, April 4, will be joyous celebrations of the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. Please note the time and location of each worship service.
Use this same link to register your planned attendance at any of the three services:
Our 7:30 a.m. Easter service will start in the Memorial Garden of our church cemetery located on the southeast corner of Old York Road and Susquehanna Road. Part way through the service, we will march across Old York Road (at the crosswalk) to conclude the service on the church grounds with the observance of communion. Since the service is planned to be outside, there will be congregational singing. If there is significant rain, this service will be cancelled.
Our 9 a.m. Easter service will be in the sanctuary with limited seating. Indoor congregational singing is not recommended in safety protocols, so we will have designated singers a safe distance from other worshipers. The service will be live-streamed for those who cannot attend in person.
At 10 a.m., there will be an outdoor fellowship time with activities for children and families. Note: there will not be an Easter Egg Hunt this year, but we will hand out Easter Eggs to all children. All ages are welcome to gather outside to greet one another. There will not be food or drink this year due to the pandemic.
Our 11 a.m. Easter service will be on the west lawn of the church grounds with limited seating. There will be congregational singing and brass playing. If there is significant rain, this service will be moved indoors.
With prayers for a blessed Holy Week for all!