||Church founded by 70 people. Malachi Jones first pastor until
||First church built and located in the graveyard across from
||Elizabeth Armitage first burial of authentic record in
||Richard Treat installed as second pastor and ordination sermon
published by Ben Franklin. His ministry last 47 years.
||George Whitfield, noted British evangelist, speaks to thousands
||Mary Todd Lincoln's great grandparents married in church before
moving to Kentucky.
||Benjamin Franklin as Justice of the Peace signs early church
||A daughter of Malachi Jones gives 100 acres of land to Church.
Manse built on land that serves congregation for 100 years. Manse
still stands just south of the Abington Free Library.
||During Revolutionary War, patriots fire on British from behind
walls of graveyard.
||New church built on west side of Old York Road. Old church in
||Corner House built by Isaiah Hubbs.
||Church rebuilt to accommodate growing congregation.
||Church member Susan B. Smith founds Children's Missionary
Society, first of its kind in the United States.
||Remains of Samuel Finley, President of Princeton University
from 1751 to 1766, and Gilbert Tennent, first pastor of the Second
Presbyterian Church from 1734 to 1764, relocated to church
||Huntingdon Valley Presbyterian Church founded, being the first
of ten offspring churches that are founded directly or indirectly
for old Abington. Others include Grace, Carmel, Willow Grove,
Roslyn, and Calvary.
||After Civil War, new church built in Romanesque style with tall
||Col. Charles McCawley, Commandant of Marine Corps, buried in
||Early morning fire destoys church.
||Church rebuilt. Mrs. John Wanamaker donates bell which still
hangs in steeple.
||Parish House built.
|1957 & 1959
||Christian Education Building erected.