Welcome All Women!
Get to know us!
Abington Presbyterian Church offers women of all ages and life circumstances the chance to connect with other women in a caring, inclusive environment. We offer a wide range of programs and groups, so whether you are looking for spiritual growth, hands-on mission opportunities, or simply to connect with women who share your interests or concerns (parenting, women's issues, literature, or making new friends, to name a few), you'll find a fit here.
See what we have for you!
As a reflection of our diverse make up, we offer a wide variety of programs and activities throughout the year. Most of our programs are centered around small groups that allow for lots of interaction.
- Circles: Meeting monthly, circles are a framework for spiritual growth. Some of our circles follow a traditional Bible study format to gain a deeper understanding of a specific set of Bible passages using the structure of published study materials. Other circles explore spirituality through a less traditional approach, using research and discussion to shed light on current events, women’s or global issues, or particularly perplexing elements of scripture. Meetings are usually 90 minutes in length.
- Interest Groups: The interest groups are a less structured way for women to come together. All women are welcome to participate in any of these interest groups, which all meet in the evening:
- Women’s Fellowship: For all women. Meetings are held monthly in participants’ homes and provide an opportunity for issue-oriented discussion or simply social time.
- MYKids (Moms of Young Kids): For women who are dealing with the challenges and joys of parenting young children. Meetings are held monthly in members’ homes, and the evening usually centers on a program or theme.
- Book Group: For women who love to read. Meetings are held every other month in members’ homes, where social time is followed by discussion of a previously-chosen book. All women are welcome to come, even if they haven’t had time to read the book.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry: For women who love to knit. Meetings are held twice a month (choose daytime and/or evening); BYO needles and yarn.
- Mission: Throughout the year, APW participants contribute to the mission work of the Presbyterian Church and Presbyterian Women Churchwide, sharing our blessings with those in need within the Abington community and around the world.
- Retreats and Special Programs: Periodically, APW participants join together to create special programs. These programs give women an opportunity to step away from their busy lives to focus on spiritual or personal growth, or to simply catch their breath and renew their energy.
Labyrinth Ministry Advocacy Group:
Presbyterian Women and the Labyrinth Ministry Advocacy Group is pleased to announce our new labyrinth on the parking lot at Church Street and Adams Avenue. On July 12, volunteers from the congregation created this 66 foot diameter, Chartre style labyrinth. We encourage all to take time to explore and walk the labyrinth. Please share any feeback with Tink McDevitt (email@example.com
). For more information, along with suggestions and guidlelines for walking the labyrinth, click here.
We love to see new faces! Contact Donna Hoffman (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Carolyn Pitcairn (email@example.com) for information.