News from the PNC
Great News from
The Pastor Nominating Committee (PNC)
The PNC is very excited to advise the Congregation of Abington Presbyterian Church that a candidate has been chosen and an offer has been extended to be our new Pastor/Head of Staff. This decision was unanimous among all PNC members. Our Candidate has accepted our “Call” and is now preparing to meet with and will be evaluated by the Presbytery’s Commission on Preparation for Ministry and Membership (CPMM) to be accepted into The Presbytery of Philadelphia on March 9, 2017.
Although we would like to share his name and background with you, it is not possible until he has been approved by the CPMM and he has notified his present Congregation of his new “Call”. We can however, provide you with some information about him. Our candidate is a graduate of Union Presbyterian Seminary and has over 30 years of experience, of which he has been Head of Staff for 24 years. He has served and strengthened three congregations in urban and suburban communities. He has served in a variety of capacities beyond his congregation including chairing a denominational committee and significant presbytery committees. He and his wife have two children who are in college.
During our vetting process, the PNC was honored to speak with individuals who have known our Candidate for years. The following are just some of their comments:
- He has exceptional pastoral skills
- Multi-talented, providing “wonderful, intelligent sermons.
- Excellent head of staff; staff are very happy with him.
- Very passionate about social justice
- “If not a minister, he would be a professor.” Preaches great sermons
- He thoroughly prepares staff and lay leadership to deal with issues, then supports them rather than directing them.
- “He would fit your congregation like a glove”
- He empowers staff to help them reach goals.
- Respectful of others opinions.
- Effective fund raiser: developed creative stewardship campaigns; organized a successful capital campaign.
A man of integrity
“Strong work ethic”
After his approval by the CPMM, the members of the Congregation will have the opportunity to meet him, so please reserve the following important dates:
Saturday, April 1, 2017: “Meet and Greet” our Candidate
Sunday, April 2, 2017: Candidating Sermon and Congregational Meeting to vote for approval of the new
Pastor / Head Staff
More details to follow pertaining to the above dates
The PNC would like to thank the members of Abington Presbyterian Church for your patience, prayers and support during this special search process for which we have been involved. We have felt that God has been watching over us and has led us to this decision.